DCat22

Well Known Member
As I also know Rainier is active here, and was curious if anyone else had similar thoughts. I'll start by saying I love the design, philosophy, and am considering an MGL unit for my future plane.

The one thing that kind of bugs me is the footprint. I'd love to mount just the panel, or the panel and a closer in version of the left buttons...and mount the right set of buttons as a "remote" somewhere off panel. Maybe on a center console, under my hand. Not sure. It just seems to take up a lot of panel width. (And I'm a symmetry nut.)

Judging from the internal photos of the the unit....this seems like it would be a non-trivial change as many of the circuit boards appear full width. (Maybe depending on the front boards, it may be possible to hack up on your own? :))

Anyway...just curious if anyone had thought about this. It's certainly not the most important thing. And not a complaint....just pondering. :)

Also, a very badly done concept image:

4524556743_afe3b9f1a4_o.jpg

Drop by the MGL booth at Osh...
Interesting things are happening.

Rainier

As I also know Rainier is active here, and was curious if anyone else had similar thoughts. I'll start by saying I love the design, philosophy, and am considering an MGL unit for my future plane.

The one thing that kind of bugs me is the footprint. I'd love to mount just the panel, or the panel and a closer in version of the left buttons...and mount the right set of buttons as a "remote" somewhere off panel. Maybe on a center console, under my hand. Not sure. It just seems to take up a lot of panel width. (And I'm a symmetry nut.)

Judging from the internal photos of the the unit....this seems like it would be a non-trivial change as many of the circuit boards appear full width. (Maybe depending on the front boards, it may be possible to hack up on your own? :))

Anyway...just curious if anyone had thought about this. It's certainly not the most important thing. And not a complaint....just pondering. :)

Also, a very badly done concept image:

4524556743_afe3b9f1a4_o.jpg

Thinly veiled answer...

....that shows, along with Trutrak, Dynon, AFS, GRT, they're all really listening!

Best,