ccsmith51

Well Known Member
I had a great time at Triple Tree, and am considering Thomasville. I hope to bring my girlfriend with me. Are there any activities there besides looking at airplanes and talking to airplane people? We like to hike, canoe, etc. We would be flying in and camping. How are the shower facilities? Adequate for a lot of campers? Close to camping?

I had a great time at Triple Tree, and am considering Thomasville. I hope to bring my girlfriend with me. Are there any activities there besides looking at airplanes and talking to airplane people? We like to hike, canoe, etc. We would be flying in and camping. How are the shower facilities? Adequate for a lot of campers? Close to camping?

I really enjoy Thomasville. Lots of antiques attend, so you usually get to see a few things you don't often see.

There is an aircraft engine museum on site. Also, the event organizers provide free transportation to and from town, so you can go to restaurants, shops, etc. There are several attractions in town - shopping, some older homes, etc. I'm not aware of outdoor activities, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

The showers are on the other side of the FBO from where the homebuilts camp. They are adequate, but not great. I've never had any problem with lines or anything like that. It seems like most people stay at hotels and inns in town. I prefer to camp and enjoy a cold beverage with other attendees in the evening. The event has breakfast, lunch, and dinner for sale every day at good prices.

One thing - there is very little shade at Thomasville unless you have a high wing. So if you have some sort of portable shade, it might be worth bringing.