Lycosaurus

Well Known Member
Final inspection on our -9A was performed by our MDRA (Canada) inspector today. He is now convinced that we have an airplane, and after signing away a multitude of documents and copies thereof, they will be sent to Transport Canada. Hopefully, we should see a Flight Authority within the next couple of weeks allowing us to begin a new chapter in our construction journey: test flight.

Yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Slo-build, 6 years.

[Are we going to be the 6,000th flying RV?]

Congratulations! #6000 is gonna be a race, tho. N156PK was also inspected today and granted a Special Airworthiness Certificate (despite, as the DAR pointed out, being technically Not Airworthy:p). First flight may be as early as Monday if my test pilot recovers from his weekend in Mexico...

You will love that bird!!

Waiting to hear how impressed you are with your 9A. Once you get it tuned and trimmed, you will be surprised at how well it flies.
And thanks Pete, Your trim and heavy wing help was much appreciated.

Regards, Chris

Photo

Here's an obligatory photo for the event...

GOFM_34Medium.jpg

Congratulations!

On your milestone. :) Your really cranked up the progress since your visit to Las Vegas...

I'm still hoping for first flight this winter.

Best luck on your first flights.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Next major posting ... first flight :)

On your milestone. :) Your really cranked up the progress since your visit to Las Vegas...

Terry, it was a nice motivator to see your project last April. All happens in good time; for us it was 6 years. Now to wait patiently for a warm(er) day to button it all up, and for the paperwork to come through (I expect another 3 weeks or so).

Unlike our US brethern, we Canadians have an additional wait after a final inspection. Maybe it's a good thing in that we don't rush into that first flight, and it gives us time for another self-inspection pass.