jpwamt

I'm New Here
Hi Im Jay I live in Fond Du Lac, Wi and work on DC-3's in Oshkosh as an A&P mechanic, hopefully to be an IA with in a year, Also a part-time farmer. Our farm has a nice strip on it 2600ft but anyway. I got my private in a 56 172, and am currently in the market for one. But the girlfriend says I should wait tell we get married ( hopefully with in 2 years)

So i was thinking about the rv. It seems like once you have all the tools( and all i do at work is sheet metal so i have them all), and until you start purchase avionics and an engine the cost isnt that great if you buy 1 kit at a time. I don't really have to worry about a hangar as the wings fuse, and emmpage i think could all be built seperately in our garage. Then i would move it to our farm and do final assembly their.

I think we would still get a 172 after we get married, thiers a few people in my area that would rent it from me and that would cover the cost of that.

172 for 2-3 people or if we have to carry more weight, RV as my hot rod haha i gotta stop dreaming. but it could work.

One of my questions is. I'm a fairly big person, 6'4'' 270 im just bulky, not much of a beer gut yet, don't worry im working on it haha... How would i fit in this?

Also is thier anyone in Wi that has one. I would like to maybe go for a ride in one, before i do anything stupid. I would travel to you location to who ever is close.

ohh and hi every one.

I'm a fairly big person, 6'4'' 270 im just bulky, not much of a beer gut yet, don't worry im working on it haha... How would i fit in this?

I'm 6'3" and 260lbs and our 6 isn't bad. Feels just as roomy as our 172 used to.

When would you be available weekends work best for me. Are you at the waukesha airport. If so then I could just fly down in the afternoon any day. I work tell 330 M-F