Nihon_Ni

Well Known Member
Hello All!

I am a serviceman stationed in Japan, but will be in the San Diego area this week (6/25 - 7/2). I have been making plans to start building an airplane for years, and I'm looking to a Fall '12 start date after I rotate back to the States. My top contenders are the Sonex/Xenos and the RV-7/8/9.

If anyone in the San Diego area has a RV-7/8/9 in any stage of completion and wouldn't mind spending a little time with me I'd love to pick your brain. I'll be working Mon - Thurs, but will have evenings free and all day on Fri. (Unless I decide to run up to Oregon to visit the factory -- very tempting!)

Thanks,
Rob

I'm building a -9A. Done with the tail, wings and fuselage. Just got my finish kit recently. You are welcome to come up and take a look any evening. I'm about 45 minutes away from downtown SD in Ramona. There a number of flying RV's at Ramona airport.

Rob,

I'm building an RV-7A. Structurally, the airframe is mostly complete. Currently finishing up the landing gear fairings, and getting ready to mount the engine.

I'm in Carmel Mtn Ranch. I think I'm free Mon evening, busy Tue & Wed, and Thu & Fri are a maybe.

roee at kalinskyconsulting dot com

Welcome to VAF

Rob, welcome to the best place on the web for things RV.

Good to have you aboard.

Marine------Thanks for your service.

Thanks for all the support guys! Roee was generous enough to let me monopolize some of his time tonight and now my head is spinning with all sorts of possibilities.

I've pretty much ruled out a trip to Oregon on Friday -- I'm all about the adventure, but I don't have a day to spare in case I get stuck there. Roee suggested I post to see if anyone is available to take me for a demo ride either Friday or Saturday. Having never flown either a Sonex or a RV is complicating my decision process. If anyone is planning on flying this week and would like some company let me know. I'm more than willing to chip in to cover flight expenses.

Thanks again,
Rob

Thank you San Diego area RVators!

Special thanks to Roee, Bruce and Bill who were generous enough to let me have several hours of their time this past week. I can't tell you all how valuable it was to spend time with each of you. My decisions are beginning to narrow, and the future is likely to start with RV...

:cool:
Rob

Rob, if you do make it here to Oregon to visit the factory, I live less than 1/2 hour away in SE Portland. My empennage, wings, and fuselage are all finished and I'm currently working on the canopy. You're very welcome to come by and check out my project and talk RV's as long as you like. Visiting Van's Aircraft is a wonderful experience. The tour is amazing.