339A

Well Known Member
...Well in previous life, N339A used to be a G3 and a DC7B owned by American Airlines?.

Check out the following link

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N339A.html#aircraft634166

I came across this site one day when searching my N number on Google. Airport-Data.com keeps a listing of past and present N number registrations. I also found some really nice pictures of my plane taken by other people, I don?t know. :eek:

If you go to their home page you can search by N number or a variety of other things. So look up your favorite N number on their site and maybe you?ll find some pictures of your plane or who it used to be in a previous life.

That's a cool site.

It looks like I'm the first one to use my N-number.

Bummer the FAA doesn't allow an N-number to start with zero. I would love to change mine to N0RA, my wife's name.

Last edited:
Interesting topic.

My Moni Motorglider, circa 1984-1986, was N59MA. Cruise speed was 105 mph. That number now resides on a Cessna Citation.

Mine used to be a Gulfstream V (owned by Ty -- the toy company)... I knew that and was hoping they'd release the N number.... kept a close watch on the FAA's website waiting for it to pop up on the available list...

Do you all remember the tragic story of the RV builder that reserved
N747ES? Before he flew the RV Boeing came out with an new version of the 747 and wanted to roll it out sporting this reserved number. Somehow the RV builder was able to allow Boeing to use it on the airliner for PR and then was still able to run it on his RV. I never heard, but assumed he got something in return. When the fatal accident happened involving N747ES we kicked it around a bit on the old Yahoo Groups version of VAF. Does anybody have the actual story on this one? What did he get from Boeing?