AirbusPilot

Well Known Member
Hi,

I am a little bit desperate, the airports administrator/owner want me out of airport. They are a Flying Club and also The Club hire professional mechanic to build two RV. But they said they are very mad with me because I have built a RV-8 inside a Hangar wish I bought and also paid for the land, electricity and water to Administration every month.

Anyway they don't want people building planes by them self, that is not the way the aviation likes to them.

They said I am dangerous because I could start a fire in my hangar, I said that I am very careful and I don't have flammable thing inside my hangar, I said to them that I have even delayed the day I will get fuel in my plane tanks till works are finished for safety reasons but anyway they want me out.

There is people repairing and painting planes inside other hangars, others making maintenance, lot of cars, bikes and even boats inside hangars, but I am the one that is wrong:eek:

What I think is that someone thought my plane is real HOT and is going to be a big competition to those ugly and slow Cessnas, Pipers and Beechcraft.

I need no more than two or three weeks to finish my plane and be able to fly out of airport.

I have a beautiful family, friends and a great job here in my country but sometime I really would love to live in a free country like yours, where the people let other to live happy.

Merry Christmas and happy flying/building

Last edited:
I don't have any advice, but I hope things work out for you. Sounds like a very difficult situation.

Sorry to hear this... When I saw your pics earlier this month I was amazed at the quality of your build and thought the area looked like a great place.

Heck, your almost done at this point...:confused:

Someone has an axe to grind....

...and if all that other activity is going on in other hangars, I say it's time for a lawyer.

Best,

Fernando,

I wish you luck in finishing your -8 and getting to an airport where you are appreciated.

So you don't feel left out, that sort of thing happens here in the states all the time.

Feliz Navidad y A?o Nuevo!

If you join their flying club will they leave you alone, or is that not possible? Just a thoght. Sorry for your plight. :(

Fernando,

Sounds like the airport cabal might want your hangar cheap. So, don't sell if you can afford it or ask a very high price. Don't leave without a fight.

To test this theory, put your hangar up for sale and see if their attitude changes. Get a written copy of the airport restrictions and consult with your lawyer. See if they are within their rights to do this to you. If so, time to get out.

Buena suerte, mi amigo.

Fernando,

I am very sad to read about your problems. This is crazy, and very distressing.

Is there an equivalent to the EAA in Chile? If so, maybe they can help you.

As far as their fear of a fire - do they have some list of official practices, procedures and limitations that ALL hangar occupants must abide by? If so, is everyone else following these procedures?

Sounds like the airport cabal might want your hangar cheap. So, don't sell if you can afford it or ask a very high price. Don't leave without a fight.

To test this theory, put your hangar up for sale and see if their attitude changes. Get a written copy of the airport restrictions and consult with your lawyer. See if they are within their rights to do this to you. If so, time to get out.

And...maybe this would let you "stall" until you are done with the plane? I wasn't quite sure if it would be "all good" once your plane was finished and flying? (And "certified" however this is done for you.)

If so, maybe even get someone else to store there "normal" plane in your hanger, while you finish it somewhere else...if all else fails?

Just thinking out loud.

Wow...At least we have some recourse...you could always move to North Las Vegas Nevada, KVGT, They love us here!!:mad: To the point of even trying to ban experimentals...It seems you may want to side with the powers that be on your airport, but even that may not be enough. And that is one FINE looking RV!!!! Get it finished and fly it outta there!!!

Last edited:
Greener Grass

I feel your pain. I have lived in some other countries, and have had to deal with the problems that come with corupt governments.
Glad to be here in Texas and the good ole USA.
Hope you can work out your hanger problems, let us know how it goes.

Has the FAA been to Chile?

A recent proposal by FAA seems to be of a similar mind to not allow other than parking of aircraft at airports. They don't want auto fuel used nor trailerable aircraft thru the fence. What freedom was Fernado refering to? Thank God I live with my airplane on a private non FAA funded airport. KVGTpilots, there is still room here only 1 hour drive from KVGT.

Unbelievable!

Lot's of good advice on this post. Contacting a lawyer is probably the best. Sometimes a letter from an attorney will stop the harassment. I'm surprised they are worried about a fire...a fire is a risk at every airport, even ones where they are not building planes. Sounds like an excuse to try and get you out of there.

The Point

I believe the point is that, perhaps, a lawyer can't help him. As much as we -- including me -- complain about our legal system in the United States, it's far superior to what we can see in other countries where you often have no recourse for injustice. Just remember that when it comes time to pay your lawyer's invoice :).