Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
Amazing day.
Today I was invited to go for my first RV flight in Bill Durham's RV6... And Dave sorry I don't know his last name came along in a RV 7 and Graciously hauled my wife. Then Rob came along in his RV 4 and Jere Rosser showed up in his beautiful RV 8. Then we were treated to a fly by by another RV8 all metal and fiberglass but no one could talk to him. We proceeded to go to
Winder GA and then back to Jasper/Pickens county... I got my 3 take off's and lands and I'll tell you... I am absoultely amazed by the climb ability of the RV's and the Cruise performance. Van has both ends of the spectrum covered.

Jere has offered to teach an old dog some new tricks.
while Bill and I were flying we just did a little slow flight to see how slow you can get an RV 6 to fly.... 40mph with almost full right rudder to hold the heading. Pretty impressive for this old instructor.. considering his rudder and vertical stab are smaller then the RV 7. Nice break when we did stall it.

I am impressed. I am totally convinced that I want an RV 7 or 8 GEE how am I going to make up my mind.

Smilin' Jack
PS Dave treated my wife to some nice airwork too.. :O) She was all smiles..

It's a social issue..

At least that's the way one experienced RV-er explained it to me when I was trying to decide between a 7 or an 8! It comes down to whether your significant other prefers to sit behind you or beside you. The performance is pretty close between the two.

Of course, there are other differences (visibility, panel space, etc.), but sittin' alone or together is a big one to discuss before you get your heart set on one or the other. Then get out that check book and get after it.

Condolences...

A very expensive day for you my friend ;). It's kinda like hooking up with a crack dealer. First hit is free... then it get's expensive. Unlike crack, though, it's worth it :D.

Just remember, as good as the planes fly (and your experience is typical, they fly well), there is more to entice you. Peruse the forum here, and see how much support there is.

Real names

Ok, first of all you have their names all wrong!! Bill is known as "Poo-baa", Dave is "Radar" and Jere is "Bag Man". We don't have a call sign for Rob yet but I am thinking "Jumbo" for his rather large patterns.

Amazing day.
Today I was invited to go for my first RV flight in Bill Durham's RV6... And Dave sorry I don't know his last name came along in a RV 7 and Graciously hauled my wife. Then Rob came along in his RV 4 and Jere Rosser showed up in his beautiful RV 8. Then we were treated to a fly by by another RV8 all metal and fiberglass but no one could talk to him. We proceeded to go to
Winder GA and then back to Jasper/Pickens county... I got my 3 take off's and lands and I'll tell you... I am absoultely amazed by the climb ability of the RV's and the Cruise performance. Van has both ends of the spectrum covered.

Jere has offered to teach an old dog some new tricks.
while Bill and I were flying we just did a little slow flight to see how slow you can get an RV 6 to fly.... 40mph with almost full right rudder to hold the heading. Pretty impressive for this old instructor.. considering his rudder and vertical stab are smaller then the RV 7. Nice break when we did stall it.

I am impressed. I am totally convinced that I want an RV 7 or 8 GEE how am I going to make up my mind.

Smilin' Jack
PS Dave treated my wife to some nice airwork too.. :O) She was all smiles..

Were you with the Rvflight that came in a lunch time?
Mine was the yellow and white 6A on the ramp @ WDR

John Morgan

Yes we were the group that landed over there for lunch and Widget, they do chat a bunch but we were having a ball. I have watched your Team RV video and you all do a nice job.

Well it appears that we might have a tail kit almost brought from a fellow who ordered it but did not do anything. A RV 7.

Smilin' Jack and my Lil' Bucker ( the better half. )