JohnF

Well Known Member
I just got a message from thermostasis offering their unit for the old price...it had been $89 but then went to $119. They now offered me the unit for $94 with shipping included. I bought one.

Their email is [email protected]

For what its worth I thought some might be interested. See John Bender's postings on his installations and results.

John

Sensors

Do they sell oil pressure sendors also??
Mine gave up after only 5 hours and I am awaiting an e-mail from Van's about where to look. It is a Honeywell (Rotax PN.956413) but I would certainaly install another brand if it works with the Dynon.
Grounded...Paul Shepard 120007

Oil Pressure Sender

My readings are ERRATIC!! They are fairly stable till the oil warms up but then about the time you are climbing out and temps go up, the readings are all over the place and occationally set off the low pressure alarm which is some what unnerving.
Paul

My readings are ERRATIC!! They are fairly stable till the oil warms up but then about the time you are climbing out and temps go up, the readings are all over the place and occationally set off the low pressure alarm which is some what unnerving.
Paul

That is "normal" for the -12. My readings jump all over also. I talked with Dynon about it and they had me run a new dedicated ground to the sender, but that did not help.

It would be best to start a new thread as the OP started this one about the oil thermostat. JMHO.

Another idea

ROTAX wants us to replace a spring and plug assembly in the oil pressure relief system. That may be the actual problem. The relief is jumping around, and the sender is just following ? ? ? I have not ordered the new parts yet, but plan to soon. It was in a recent ROTAX SB. Just a thought. Until I replace those pieces, I won't know for sure.

John Bender