Wishing you and yours a happy, safe and RV-filled weekend! Hoping to get out a bit and take the RV-6 up sometime in the next 72 hours.🤞
v/r,dr

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 4.22.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 1.48.25 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 3.49.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 6.54.20 PM.png

2nd BATT …GK14 PIREP

Another data point for you. I kept the stock Odyssey 680 and did a second smaller Aerovolt lithium battery on pilot side. Single B&C alternator and IBBS behind the Stein panel.
This picture is from my initial install. After some thought and discussion with BandC, I replaced the wire between the ANL current limiter and relay with a larger wire to get a better radius (drawn in red - didn’t take another pic unfortunately). Everything fit nicely. Sourced extra relay, wires, etc from B&C - excellent tech support from them.
Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 3.50.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 1.27.38 PM.png

Removing Audio Hissing / Audio Switch
Update:
Thanks again all for the suggestions and it brought my mixed audio noise floor to a reasonable level... but still not to zero so I kept thinking on it...
With some help, I did turn a modestly complex generic squelch schematic into a PCB design but unfortunately I couldn't get it to work. Then I discovered there is something called a "noise gate" that guitarists use and decided to try one out. Desoldered the bulky/heavy audio and power jacks and drew up a simple PCB to break it out and convert ship power to the 9V that seems to be the universal standard for these things. Works great as long as it has power, otherwise it doesn't pass sound but on/off/bypass logic is much easier to manage!
I will set it up as a "daughter board" behind my radio panel. Noise floor of all my mixed audio is now zero.
Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 3.51.08 PM.png

OFF TOPIC:
IMG_5121.jpg

Donate to keep this site online:

Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at:

THE VAF LIST (a list of RV-related lists)
https://vansairforce.net/threads/the-vaf-list-a-list-of-rv-related-lists.223964/

FS: My Ford Ranger (our family spare which lives in the hangar).
If you’re looking for a small airport truck with so little modern technology that it would be a minor miracle if anyone under 30 could operative it, my 2010 Ford Ranger is for you. It would make a GREAT teenager’s first vehicle. Probably $9,100. I bought it from Dan Horton a decade ago. The a/c is terrifyingly cold. There are no more tiny trucks for sale in the USA. This is one. AM/FM and no cruise. Clean the interior with a leaf blower. The pic with the two wooden chairs is my son Tate learning how to parallel park on the Charlie taxiway <grin>.
It’s time to let it go, I can’t justify the financial expense of keeping it (empty nesters).
v/r,dr
Details/pics: https://dougreeves.smugmug.com/Ford-Ranger-For-Sale

Last edited: