Low ceilings and rain kept me from flying the RV Thursday - was hoping to get in a short flight before storms and several days of non-RV extra paper route-related activities. So I mopped the floor. That looks pretty good too…..and it cost less <g>.
Wishing you and yours a happy, safe and RV-filled weekend!

v/r,dr
Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 3.39.44 PM.png

RV News That Caught My Eye ….dr

It’s Officially An Airplane …AdamB
Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 3.48.37 PM.png

Who's got two thumbs and an Airworthiness Certificate?
…Desert Rat, that’s who

TASEsq’s Fuel Line Bending Writeup
For those playing at home, here is my write up of the fabrication of the fuel lines, including the measurements for bending these yourself.
Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 3.51.07 PM.png

D-180 not seeing servos or AP74 on DSAB
…update
Solved it! I pulled the D-180 out and realized that there were two twisted pairs of blue/green wires coming from the 37-pin EFIS harness, that were "not configured". Those were the ones i connected - it's a rat's maze under the panel and these were the only blue/green i could see. When I pulled the Dynon (not an easy task since I didn't leave much slack in my wiring when i built) I saw another very short blue-green twisted pair out of the 25-pin EFIS harness - I would ever have seen these without pulling the unit. I connected these up and now the DSAB configuration sees the servos and the AP74. Next-up is to mechanically mount the servos.

Hanging tailcone for storage?
…stigaro’s rig
This is how I suspended mine. I made a Y-bridle and attached then through the holes on the HS attach bars. One central line to hang that. Then two lines to a suspended 2x4 to hold up the forward end. It is very secure, but I am careful to not move it around too much. All ropes are led along the ceiling via blocks to a central ring that then goes off on one line to a wall mounted cleat. I can move the entire empennage up or down very easily. I do a lot of sailing and so I had extra blocks and line.
Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 3.43.55 PM.png

O-360 RV6 running rough

OFF TOPIC:
IMG_4276.JPG

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at:

Last edited: