RV News That Caught My Eye ...dr

What did you do w/your RV last weekend?
Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 4.23.00 PM.png

RE: Frustrated with low fuel fuel pressure readings. Carbureted 0360
Here is my install of my minor alteration.
I needed a 12vdc supply for my iPad where I receive my ADSB in and ForeFlight information.
items used: gauge is non liquid filled., phoenix stainless braided line and fittings, AN4 bulkhead fitting / on firewall.
results: start up = 6 to 7 psi.
cruise at 5,500’ = 3 to 3.5 psi.
im not sure if altitude has a way of reducing the gauge readings?
Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 4.26.42 PM.png

RE: Seriously stuck due to wing bolts …DanH reply

Do you have a little space under the head? If so, protect the spar box with an appropriately sized and padded steel or aluminum plate and insert the tip of a pry bar under the edge of the head. I'm talking about a bar two feet long, or more. Lube the bolt as described above, ply out a little, stack another fulcrum plate, repeat. Eventually you'll be able to substitute a wood block for the plates. I plan to make a bar with a forked tip before I do the next one.
Along the same lines, making up a drift with a L-shaped foot may be worthwhile, just so you can bump the pin back a 1/2" or so.
Illustrations for those lucky TW guys who have not had the pleasure. The problem is the two big bolts in the bottom, the threaded end being hidden behind the gear leg socket.
https://vansairforce.net/threads/seriously-stuck-due-to-wing-bolts.227159/post-1770683
Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 4.27.38 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 4.27.44 PM.png

CSK Instrument Panel Flange Doubler
Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 4.28.24 PM.png

OFF TOPIC:
IMG_4240.JPG

PS: Older issues of the ‘VAF News’ can be found at: