Nautique

I have been waiting for the fuselage kit to show up. I started building my Empennage kit on New Year ?s Day and finished it in the middle of February. What I did not realize was how long the lead time would be for my fuselage kit. I ordered it the first week of February and it just arrived, close to 2 weeks later. I have been sitting around with nothing to build for 2 and a half months.

Lesson learned. I need to plan better. But at least I'm back in the game!

I'm not as fast as you are Don. I just went through the instructions. I should be done with this kit around Christmas.

The upside to this--

is that Van's is selling alot of kits and has a backlog. The downside, is the leadtime it takes to get parts.
Might be interesting to know how many orders Van's has processed in the past 3 years. We know the number of completed and flying RV's. How many kits have been sold from Van's? I think that number would surprise alot of people---we seem to have alot of construction going on, so that means alot of new RV's will be flying. I think it's a good thing!
Tom

Over 525 RV 12 kits have been sold!

Simply Look at the customer number of each new builder which is also the serial number and you can easily figure out how many kits have been issued. Recently a form member said his number was 120525 so there are 525 kits going. They released the first kit on April 2008. Also over 100 are flying as of now. :D

That works both ways. Just last week I had it figured I needed to order the engine kit for mine, three week delay. I called them, they now have the powerplant IN STOCK ready to ship? Since the 18 month warranty begins when THEY get the kit, I decided to wait a few weeks. (they will probably be out and back ordered by the time I need my engine)