Andrew M

Well Known Member
I have been through the "what should I order with" threads, and that is generally my question. What I would like to know that's different is this. What "mods" can't be done to the same standard after the airplane is built and flying? I want heated AOA, auto pilot, and lights. I also want to fly sooner (less expansive) rather than later. Being a sheet metal guy, the idea of going back in to spend money and do more work does't bother me at all. Easy is relative. What I am asking is, is it possible to add all that stuff and or anything else I haven't thought of, to the same standard as an original build, after it's built.
I am currently and PPL day vfr only, and would like to master the aircraft in those conditions before expanding the capabilities of my self and the airplane.
Thanks in advance.

You can add everything you listed later. The only things to consider doing during the wing construction are upgrading the fuel caps, and possibly putting in capacative tank senders.

Discretion VS valor...

While you certainly CAN wait to add those things, if it were me I would - w/o question - do them now. IMHO, the difficulty factor of installing those items after the wings are on increases by a factor of three. The time and $$ involved now are not that great, and it's w-a-y easy before the wings go on.

An in-between step would be to install all the wiring and piping - and servos - now, and just let the "surface installed hardware" wait.