RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Vlad has invaded our country! Go VLAD go.

Fun watching rvs buzz around on my computer while i am stuck at work.

His next few days will be simply amazing flying/scenery. Hope he is taking lots of pics.

Fun watching rvs buzz around on my computer while i am stuck at work.

His next few days will be simply amazing flying/scenery. Hope he is taking lots of pics.
If you have a PC with Google Earth installed and know how to use it, you can "ride along" in near real time whenever Vlad's aircraft is in motion and "see" what he sees.

Use the "Run Google Earth" button on the number 8 selection on this link. If Vlad's aircraft is no longer in motion, you can use the number 9 button to "replay" the flight in G.E.

Hope this still works; it has been a while since I checked it out and Google keeps changing this making it difficult to keep working. Hint: click on the airplane icon to see the flight parameters. You may have to hit the G.E. "Play Tour" button. You may have to adjust the tour parameters, especially on a "replay". This works much better on someone outputting position reports rapidly (like 30 second intervals).

Wish I had a job so I could goof off in front of my PC during the day :)

--
Joe

Wow!

Thanks Joe, That is nothing short of incredible! Really cool to ride along with Vlad.

Merrill

My hat's off to you, Merrill, for getting it to work on your setup. Good job.

If someone else chimes in with problems, I hope you'll post the secret of your success.

And I hope Vlad's heavy activity doesn't bring the mail2600.com server (in my hangar) to its knees :)

--
Joe