CFI1513840

Well Known Member
PC210008.JPG

...is to transfer pain from the back to the knees.

Old Question

Ken, you may have had this question before, but... :eek:

I really like the apparent wood construction of your "rotisserie". Do you have detailed construction plans?

My rotisserie...

...resembled a tic-tac-toe framework of 2x4's bolted to the front side of the firewall. I could lift the front end of the a/c and do a 4-point hesitation roll. The overall length of the 2x4's was such that when each position was at rest, I could sit on my shop chair, scoot my legs under the fuselage side, and reach in to work on the task at hand. This saved my back and my knees.

A kneeling pad might help. I used something similar to this for hours at a time while installing the floors in my house.

Anyone need a rotisserie

I'm through doing rolls in the basement. If anyone needs one and is within reasonable driving distance of DC, send me a PM.

The purpose of a rotisserie

...is to transfer pain from the back to the knees.

I built my rotisserie with the axis of rotation much higher than yours. When tilted on it's (side as shown in your picutre) I could sit on a rolling stool with my knees under the lower side of the fuselage and easily reach inside the cockpit to work, or spin it upside down, sit on the stool inside the cockpit, and work on it comfortably with the cockpit floor above my head.

No pain in the back or knees. :rolleyes:

I built my rotisserie with the axis of rotation much higher than yours. When tilted on it's (side as shown in your picutre) I could sit on a rolling stool with my knees under the lower side of the fuselage and easily reach inside the cockpit to work, or spin it upside down, sit on the stool inside the cockpit, and work on it comfortably with the cockpit floor above my head.

No pain in the back or knees. :rolleyes:

Now you tell me :)

Funny thing is, I designed it to be able to adjust the height, but then left it down low.

It's just taking up space in the basement. If someone wants it all they have to do is pick it up.