FresnoR

Well Known Member
In my never-ending endeavour to be lazy and save money I came up with this modification to my C-Frame. It allows me to dimple skins in a fraction of the time with literally the push of a button.

-The arm is made out of an old scrap piece of a stop sign pole. I suppose you could use anything. This makes it really easy to lift the gun, ram, and female die off the skin.

-The hinge is simply a couple pieces of scrap al clamped onto the frame.

-The adaptor, which could be easily modified to be more stable was made from a 1/2 metal pipe and I put a bolt through the center. This contraption slides right over the stock c-frame ram.

No more wacking with the rubber mallet, it works great and all my dimples are perfect.

dimpler%203.JPG

dimpler%202.JPG

dimpler%201.JPG

Good idea, however that is not a DRDT2-----looks like an Avery possibly.

Still, good idea.

Will wonders ever cease...

Looks pretty cool! Time to draw up some plans, patent it, manufacture it on a grand scale and make your millions!:D

Looks nice. I just bought a DRDT2 head and welded up my own frame out of some aluminum box stock. I've been looking at it for a while and thinking that what would really be nice is to have a foot operated pneumatic dimpler. The parts would probably be cheap enough - a slave cylinder like we use for air shifters would work just fine.

DSC01569.JPG

That looks like a rivet gun.......

Therefore noise !

My DRDT-2 is silent - I can listen to the strains of Bach and Beethoven while dimpling and singing.

Well - that is if my Brother is here, if I am working by myself it is is usually King of Leon, or The Killers, or Hoobastank..... :D

Can't hear a darned thing then !

Noise? Oh yes, very load, I think the skin amplifies the noise too. But then again, the mod cost me nothing to build.

That looks like a rivet gun.......

Therefore noise !

My DRDT-2 is silent - I can listen to the strains of Bach and Beethoven while dimpling and singing.

Well - that is if my Brother is here, if I am working by myself it is is usually King of Leon, or The Killers, or Hoobastank..... :D

Can't hear a darned thing then !