jjhoneck

Well Known Member
Here's what our new "Van's RV Room" looked like yesterday, after screwing down 19 sheets of cement board... (that's 1188 screws, BTW...) Next step, painting, followed by ceramic tile floor.

604060_656380541064510_434855943_n.jpg

Who wants to sleep there this weekend -- cheap? lol! :D :D :D

Obviously, we've got a ways to go, but my goal is to have it ready by Sandfest weekend (April 11 - 13) http://www.texassandfest.com/ (A very cool event, BTW. Plan a flight to Port A for it!)

We've been given some very cool stuff to decorate the room -- a rudder, some patches, some framed photos, to name just a few -- but I think it would be cool to add a big Van's RV poster that RV pilot/owners can autograph, and leave framed in the room for posterity.

To that end, I would like to use our Shrimp Boil Fly-In (on May 3rd) as an excuse to get everyone to sign this poster. We're already sold out with (mostly) RV pilots, and I hope y'all will do us the honor of putting your "John Hancock" (and maybe something witty) on a piece of RV artwork?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a poster we could use? It should be pretty big, so we can fit lots of signatures!

It sounds to me like you need to call Van's and see if they have any RV-1 painting posters (by Paul Tuttle) left.