Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
RV Central News,,,,

The new 'Borrowed Horse' Arrived this Saturday, Toni Partain Delivery!
A RV8 QB.
I have completed the Empenage.
I have an engine ECI 0-360 from Americas Aircraft Engines. They built it at Sun n Fun, showed it at Hondo and droped it off here after. Kinda putting the cart before the 'horse' but I hope to have the new one flying in a compressed time.
Have the Grove airfoil gear in house.
The building begins today.

Last edited:
I'll go on record with my prediction that BH2 (Borrowed Horse 2) flies within 150 days.

(I've seen this guy build).

Scorch said:
As always, JayBird, if you need any advice, I'm available.

Yeah Jay - there's a lot of helpful people around here. Just ask if you need any help with newbie questions. You know, stuff like "should I prime the plane" or "tail-dragger or nose-dragger."

:D

Help!!!

Fast??

I'm calling in all of the free help I have given out over the years...
Pat Stewart RV8/RV8A, has volentered to build a part or 2,,,, seats?.
Jerry Kinmen has the rudder peddels,,,,, any one want to learn riviting,,? a wing skin? Got to get this bird flying!
Krash, thanks for the plug, 150 days?,probably not that quick. I have to fly to Idaho with Scorch,,,, for lunch!
The build will not take a year, but Idaho calls this summer. I am hoping to do this in under 365 days.
Thanks Guys

Awesome!

Congrat's Jay! There's probably nothing like the feeling of owning THREE planes at once :D ?

Let me know if I can help, and also let me know if you find a "spare" O-320 somewhere in your hangar! :cool:

Now, if I can just get this new (old) house remodeled, the new shop built, and then take my wings out of the crates (after 6+ months)......... :(

Take care,