Capflyer

Well Known Member
Well, it looks as though I have found the newest winner in the "my aviation isle is better than yours" in the category non-traditional aviation supply stores. And the winner is Harbour Freight. Unlike their whimpy competitor's aviation isles (Lowes, Home Depot, Sears), look at what Harbour Freight now carries in their aviation isle.

clecosbw6.jpg

Neat....

Also check out these items.
ITEM 98262-0VGA
ITEM 98263-0VGA
ITEM 30617-4VGA

...but caution, the third item has a 82 degree angle - OK for deburring but not countersinks.

Can anyone confirm if the second item is a 100 degree countersink? It sort of looks like it, but it wasn't in the specs....:(

angles

...but caution, the third item has a 82 degree angle - OK for deburring but not countersinks.

Can anyone confirm if the second item is a 100 degree countersink? It sort of looks like it, but it wasn't in the specs....:(

Gil,
I haven't actually measured the angle, but when my tech counselor visited this Tuesday, we compared HF countersinks (second item) to what came in my Planetools.com kit and agreed they were the same angle. HF countersinks have three flutes, Planetools have two.
Also a note on the dogleg deburing tool: just a little bit of pressure while spinning the tool to debur would force the handle up against the curvature in the dog leg and bind up, stopping rotation. I took a rubber grommet with a hole the size of the shaft and tie wrapped it on the shaft to keep it from binding. Even with that, it doesn't work nearly as nice as the Planetools debur tool.