LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
Just curious. Who's got the lowest RV-7(A) builder number who is still building. I'm 240 (70240) and I know Rich Emery is 238. I suspect quite a few of the earlier numbers are abandoned projects (it's funny to get back and look at the original VAF on Yahoogroups and see how many of the early, most prolific posters haven't been heard from for years).

Would be interesting to track the longest active projects.

Bob,

Although I am not as low as you, I have 70312 and still working.

Life can be distracting but I am still working on it! The canopy is coming together well and I will order my engine soon!

FWF for the winter!

I guess that makes me an old timer on the boards as well!

:cool: CJ

I'm out at the shop 3-4 times per week lately. No time to build during the summers and had a 3 year hiatus a couple years back. Total average is about 3 hours per week over 10 years.

Bevan
RV7A wiring almost done, engine is coming soon, yippee!

Wow you guys have me beat by a mile. 71952 is going on 9 years this month. (at least I think thats my number).

Still Building

I'm behind you--barely, with 242. My finishing kit crate is almost empty, and my engine is rusting quietly in its corner. That is to say, I'm at the 90 per cent done and 90 per cent still to go stage. But the workshop is cozy, and I am enjoying the trip.

Sad to say, my # is 70168. Bought the tail kit as an RV6 in 2000, then upgraded within a few of months, thank goodness.

Several job changes, 3 moves, hip replacement surgery earlier this year.

Plus I'm just sort of slow, I think.

It's a slider, IO360 A1B, Hartzell, Van's guages, Dynon D60, GNC 250XL, TruTrak 2 axis.

Very close to finishing. Working on cowl and baffles which are just about done; canopy/windshield is fitted and drilled with side skirts installed; need to do rear skirts and windshield fairing; not worrying about paint yet - and that's about it.

RV 7 Builder no. 71580

I've let other priorities get in the way of going to the shop. I'm No. 71580. :( Gotta get one BIG problem solved and then out to the shop again...to finish the wings. Hopefully this winter will see some real progress.

Just curious. Who's got the lowest RV-7(A) builder number who is still building. I'm 240 (70240) and I know Rich Emery is 238. I suspect quite a few of the earlier numbers are abandoned projects (it's funny to get back and look at the original VAF on Yahoogroups and see how many of the early, most prolific posters haven't been heard from for years).

Bob, glad to see you excluded -9 builders! Glenn

Bob, I first came across your name on the Matronics RV forum in 2002. At that stage you were working on your empennage if my memory serves me correctly.

It was your construction honeymoon period and you were positively bursting with builder enthusiam. Your advice to all enquiring RV wannabees in those early days (regardless of how crippling their personal circumstances might be) was always the same: "Just get started". I think in one particular thread back in those early days I called you the "Pied Piper". ;)

Fast forward nine years and you are I are still building... only now we both have the experience to be fully aware of the significant resources required (in terms of time, energy, and money) to complete a half decent aircraft. :)

Last edited: