Reheat

Tuesday morning I took RV-8 N7407 up for her first flight. All went well!
Stats:
Empty wt - 1043
Engine - Mattituck TMX 360, 9:1 pistons, Slick/Plasma II (Thanks Mahlon)
Prop - 3 bld Catto (Thanks Craig)
Dual GRT EFIS
Icom A-200
Garmin 327
Very special thanks to my friend Terry Peters for letting me abuse his RV-6 until I could keep the durn thing going straight.
... it was worth it.
rv119bp6.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats Chuck!
Keep us posted on the performance of your engine / prop combo as you get info - I like the look of the 3 blade prop!

T.

Congrats!

Good job sir! But is it me or is that cowling just begging for some nice WWII era nose art?

Have to agree with everyone so far...that paint scheme is now one of my top favorites on an RV! VERY nice!! Good job!! :cool: :cool: Congrats!

paint

Thanks fellas... I like the paint job too, but it is really a 10 (or maybe a 15) in that it looks good from 10 feet away. As those of you know who are getting close to finishing, I was ready to get this thing in the air and shot it with a coat of Sherwin-Williams self-etch filler that has a lot of zinc chromate in it. I don't have the number handy, but I'll get it for you. The yellow is Krylon Farm Implement John Deere Yellow out of a rattle can. The decals really helped and takes the eyes off the fact that I am not that skilled with a paint gun. The good news is that it is easy to touch up. It has that military "rough around the edges" look. Most likely I'll get it professionally done in the future with a properly applied topcoat, but It'll do for now. Thanks you for your generous comments.

Since a lot of you are interested in the Catto prop, I'll post some perfomance numbers when I get them.

Cheers, Chuck

... nose art or tigers mouth would both look good I think. Nice picture Bruce. Your airplane was one of my inspirations.