RickWoodall

Well Known Member
My build has been underway for just over 2 years. I have not had the chance to ride in an RV for over 2 years (since before i had my tail kit). Ugggh how sad for me.
Anyway, one of my friends just got his rv7 hours flown off and i asked him for a ride. WOW, what a rush. I called my father in law (my build helper) out in the county and told him we would be flying over. After about 4 low and overs we had some other people to visit. We zoomed over several friends grass strips and climbed out at vx for fun. The best part of all was flying over the lake just 100' up. Wow. Kids skating, people ice fishing, dogs playing and all looking skywar enjoying their very own sunday morning airshow. We were just enjoying a plane that climbs like a fighter jet (on a cold day it really does go straight up), turns on a dime and is just a blast. Most on the lake/shoreline would wave and get a quick wing wag back. All smiles.

This was undoubtedly the best flight of my life. I have been on a high since i got home yesterday. JUST AMAZING!!

I would like to request that all of you that have finished your ships, take the time and find a local builder and get them up for an hour or two of fun. Both of you will enjoy the experience and the rv bond will grow stronger. Fantastic aircraft, all the great things we love about flying.
Cheers.

I finally got a ride in an RV

Well this weekend I finally got a ride in an RV ,someone finally asked me if I wanted to go for a ride!!! and of course I jumped right in,
it was fun, the plane performed well, it makes me want to wipe the dust off of the -8 project in the garage,

Hey Dan, first post!!!!!

And been a member for 3 years????

Dude, you have some major self control------or a broken computer:D

Now go start dusting.

I just pounded the first rivets in a year or so as well. What an amazing feeling... Finish up the last couple rivet lines on the rudder of the -7 then on to the -4 wings... Figuring out the jigs right now.

Now if I got my dad a -7 ride... we'd probably have a set of -7 wings on the way soon too :).