Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
I copied this from the SARL Message site. One of the smartest guys you ever want to meet and the fastest has been hit with the medical.

Bob Axsom

RV8 For Sale

Well, I had hoped it would be another 20 years before I had to write this, but I have lost my medical.

So, my award and race winning RV8 ?Nuisance? is for sale. I am asking $125K for her.

I have a website that is not quite up to date at

http://lazy8.net/rv8.html

The airplane has about 550 hours tach time. The blended airfoil prop has about 250 since new.

If you like to fly fast, or just fly with your buds and use less fuel, here is a good airplane for you. Last year she won the metal airplane class at the CAF? Fuel Venture 400 for fuel efficiency. She has dominated the RV classes at the SARL races since they started, and in fact the only time she finished second in the last five years was this summer?s AirVenture Cup, where she got beaten by Dave Anders. That includes beating the so-called fast one, Dick Martin, in his 390 powered RV8, 3 times. A number of times in SARL races she beat Rockets on half the fuel.

She now has a full glass panel with mechanical backups?Garmin 696, AFS-3500, Garmin 430W and 327 xponder, and TruTrak Digiflight II VSGV. She has always been hangared, and is in excellent condition.

John Huft john@... 970-759-1600​

Nuisance

John, that's sad news indeed. However, if it's any consolation, I can assure you that you and your pride & joy caused headaches for many other racers! :D

Gonna be a great plane for somebody who likes to go fast. I'll just be content to putt along in Smokey for awhile ...

Good luck, John.

Last edited: