Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
O.K., actually the face of my GRT EIS, but the number shown in the lower left is FREEDOM to me:D

P2040044.jpg

Phase 1 officially over.

Now, the first order of business is to give my wonderful, supportive wife a ride.

P2050024.jpg

Thanks dear, couldn't have done it without you.

Misc photos from phase 1 here.

https://picasaweb.google.com/mikestarkey025/10Flying#

Two months to the day to get 25 hours in------you can still see a lot of the remaining water from the heavy rains we had in Dec., and Jan.

Congrats!

And thank you for being the Ambassador of First Impressions on this forum. People really like to be greeted by you in their first posts here.

Way to go Mike!

Must be nice to have all that nice weather and no job;) I'm still have 25hrs to go.

Congrats!

Mike,
Glad you got the time flown off. Now you can really enjoy the benefits of airpark living with the plane at home again!

Seb Trost

Congrats!

And thank you for being the Ambassador of First Impressions on this forum. People really like to be greeted by you in their first posts here.

It is nice being greated by you on our first log-ins.

Great hearing you've logged your 25. Fly on!!!

Regards and blue skies

Way to go Mike! I'll bet Laura had a great time!! Still smilin' too, I'll bet!

Lunch soon!?!?

Cheers,
Bob

Awesome!

Alright Mike now it is time to get together with some of us from Reno and fly to some cool places! I'm thinking Death Valley or the Grand Canyon. :)

Congrats!

Thanks, just trying to be friendly, and put forth some of what I feel VAF is all about.

My wife already thinks I spend too much time on the computer, so dont tell her about this greeting thing :)

I hope to do the same

Mike that is a very nice bird. I just flew in a 10 for the first time this past Sunday. It belongs to Dan Masys. You can see a couple of pics of it in my write up. I love the 10. I hope to build one some day soon. I notice that you and Dan have very simular panel set ups. He told me that he really likes the GRT setup. I have the engine monitor in my 7a and love it.

Congrats again

Congrats Mike!! Going with an "approved" combo has it's rewards!! :cool::cool:

I'm STILL waiting for weather and my available time to come together so I can finish my last 8 hours!! :rolleyes:

Mike,

Lunch spots around here include Minden, S Lake Tahoe, and Quincy (Gansner Field), all within maybe 20-25 minutes. Winnemucca is a bit further afield (45 minutes) and a drive into town in the loaner car. Let us know if you want do do something on Sunday - I'll be happy to buy fuel and food and there are several other RVs who would probably consider coming along.

cheers,
greg