rv9aviator

Well Known Member
This is definitely a big move for my RV-9A project. I am moving my project from North Arkansas to Fort Worth, TX. I am trying to figure out the safest and most cost effective way to accomplish the move. I've sent an E-mail to Tony Partain hoping he might have a truck going back that way. If Tony can't help does anyone have any ideas? I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and am hoping to be flying my very own RV by spring.

Last edited:
Rent a truck

Jim,

Sorry we never got to meet.

One option is to rent a truck from some outfit like Budget. That is what I did hen I bought my QB kit from Van's and moved it from the Portland, Oregon area to south of Los Angles, CA. It would probably require some disassembly if you expect to be flying by spring but it can be done. Mine had a boxed in bed 24' long.

A more expensive but workable solution is to hire a tilt bed tow truck for the fuselage with all its attachments and take the wings in the back of a pickup with the tailgate down. That is the way I moved my plane to the airport.

Bob Axsom

My Monday is starting off on a good note. Tony Partain E-mailed me that he will have a truck in the area next week. I may have my transportation solved.

Bob, I sure want to get acquainted with you. The plane will be based at HRO when finished.