Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
OK, I wouldn't be the first one to say that the search function in the software that Doug uses for the site is pretty lame - I have taken to using the little RV search things folks use, or a Google with the "Site:" option. but once you DO make peace (however you do it) with searching the VAF archives, they are a treasure trove of information!

Tonight, Louise and I were going over the back of our new Mattituck Red/Gold IO-320 for the RV-3 project. I was talking her through mounting the prop governor, and after installing the studs, gasket, governor, cable bracket, and washers, there was hardly any room for the nuts. Hmmm....do these studs really need to be in that deep Can I put them a couple of turns out? I sorta' remember this from the -8, but I'm not sure....i wonder of there is a thread on the topic?

Sure enough, I go in and search on "Governor Studs", and way back in 2006, Pete Howell asked this exact same question. Mahlon Russell promptly replied that you can set the depth of the studs as required to have one thread beyond the nuts when tight. End of search - question ansered...and I didn't have to ask the question again, or send an email to Mahlon!

Sure wish we could have a more intelligent search engine, but the data in the mine is pure gold!

Paul

[ed. Working on it ;^) http://www.vansairforce.net/vafsearch.htm dr]

Last edited by a moderator: