Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
Go to http://www.airventurecuprace.com. The link is in the lower left section of the home page. It feels like filling out a job application and the relationship may be closer than you would think. Since the race is now open to all SARL Classes (see www.sportairrace.org) including Experimental, Production and Heavy Metal and it is such a premier event they may end up picking and choosing who gets to fly the race from all the applications. Apply early and give them lots of good data supporting yours as a worthy entry.

Bob Axsom

WOW Was I Wrong!

From Race Director Eric Whyte via Mike Thompson:

First, I have no plans to limit entries other than by a July 11th deadline. If you submit an application and pay the entry fee you will be allowed to race. We have the deadline for publication of our race program, and we have to put in orders for catering etc. Mark wasn't joking there is a post race party once we get to Oshkosh and I need to know how much beer to order. I am not saying I will flatly refuse a late entry but I need to get the vast majority of entries in early enough to allow the volunteers who write our program time to actually get it done.

For racers that are new to the AirVenture Cup, we produce a magazine style race program with each aircraft featured on a half page. The questions and photo requirements are designed to give our volunteers as much information as possible so they can make everyone sound like a hometown hero. The programs are available to the public at our pre race event in South Dakota and again at Oshkosh, and make a fun souvenir for the participants. I apologize if it feels like a job application, like I said we just need info for our volunteers (not all of them are pilots) to write about the pilots, crew and their aircraft. I will try and get a sample program bio up on the website so people can see what kind of info we are looking for.

Waiver form

Every year the entries require a waiver be signed by the entering racers. This year is no exception. The entry form says to send it to Dick Keyt along with the insurance documents. I couldn't find the form so I sent an email to Eric Whyte asking about it. It is being developed but it is not quite ready yet. I plan on sending the rest of the entry documents to Eric as the instruction say to do then send the waiver and insurance paper to Dick Keyt at a later date. The entry dead line is July 11.

Bob Axsom

Entry Fee Payment

I sent Eric an email about the entry fee payment which was not covered in the instructions they are busting there buns to get together under difficult circumstances. These are his instructions to me. He is on a trip right now but this will be fixed soon.

You are correct, I neglected to put that on the instructions. Yes, please send
it with the entry forms. (If you want to submit the forms and pictures
electronically, that is acceptable then you just have to mail the check)

You can make the check out to Air Venture Cup.

Let's work with them to make this a great event, as it always had been.

Bob Axsom

Bob,

I don't see anything posted yet about the insurance certification, which in the past had to include EAA as named insured. Have you heard if this is still the case?

NO IT IS NOT THE SAME

Bob,

I don't see anything posted yet about the insurance certification, which in the past had to include EAA as named insured. Have you heard if this is still the case?

On the www.airventurecuprace.com website it is covered in the entry form. The link starting to that is in the lower left quadrant of the home page in a text block labeled "Enter the Race", on that page there is a button "Entry Form"...
In the entry form are these insurance requirements:

Please accept my Application for the 2012 AirVenture Cup. Only original Applications and Waivers bearing original
handwritten signatures will be accepted.
I agree to obey all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, (FARs). I will abide by the Rules of the Race as set by the
Official Race Committee, as they may be amended from time to time.
I have forwarded the Insurance Requirements To Dick Keyt, Providing AirVenture Cup with an insurance company
issued Certificate of Insurance evidencing Aircraft Liability Insurance, in the amount of not less than $1,000,000. The
front page of your insurance policy showing all your contact data and the aircraft tail number is adequate. The
Certificate of Insurance and Waivers must be submitted to Dick Keyt at the address below.
SEND ALL INSURANCE RELATED DOCUMENTS AND WAIVERS TO:
Dick Keyt
9608 Taxi Way Drive
Granbury, TX 76049-4452

See you at Mitchell Alan.

Bob Axsom

Last edited:
On the www.airventurecuprace.com website it is covered in the entry form. The link starting to that is in the lower left quadrant of the home page in a text block labeled "Enter the Race", on that page there is a button "Entry Form"...
In the entry form are these insurance requirements:

Please accept my Application for the 2012 AirVenture Cup. Only original Applications and Waivers bearing original
handwritten signatures will be accepted.
I agree to obey all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, (FARs). I will abide by the Rules of the Race as set by the
Official Race Committee, as they may be amended from time to time.
I have forwarded the Insurance Requirements To Dick Keyt, Providing AirVenture Cup with an insurance company
issued Certificate of Insurance evidencing Aircraft Liability Insurance, in the amount of not less than $1,000,000. The
front page of your insurance policy showing all your contact data and the aircraft tail number is adequate. The
Certificate of Insurance and Waivers must be submitted to Dick Keyt at the address below.
SEND ALL INSURANCE RELATED DOCUMENTS AND WAIVERS TO:
Dick Keyt
9608 Taxi Way Drive
Granbury, TX 76049-4452

See you at Mitchell Alan.

Bob Axsom

Thanks Bob, I missed that detail. I look forward to seeing how you new cooling exit works out!

Entries Needed

I sent an email to Eric Whyte asking how things were going and told him of a few people I had communicated with that were asking about the race. This is his response:

Hi Bob,

Things are going ok, we need to get the applications in ASAP. So far I have only
received 4. We need to get the word out if people are planning to race they need
to apply soon. We need time to write the race program etc.

Glad to hear there is more interest.

Eric

The website is www.airventurecuprace.com and your entry is needed. Spread the word.

Bob Axsom