Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
This morning my wife told me that I should set aside some time today and get a haircut before Christmas. So as a result of this the $100 haircut is born. I flew to Clear Lake, CA where we keep an old car at the airport and drove to the town of Lakeport and stopped at the first barber shop that I saw. It was a plain little place that was clean but the owner is lacking the help of a decorator to spruce up the place. So here I sit grinning with this solution to a chore that I hate to do as this hack uses electric clippers on my entire head. I felt them go into my ears to get the early stages of my senior ear hair under control as well as to cut my bangs. That's right he used electric clippers on the bangs! So when he finished I paid him and returned to Lampson Field to return home. When I climbed into the plane and was hooking up my seat belts a Mooney 201 began his takeoff roll and flew out of sight. Enroute home while listening to Flight Watch this Mooney gave a pirep and I learned he was going to Concord so I dialed in Concord and listened for him. See, on the way home I go right over Concord and now it is a game to see if my humble little 9A is going to run down this Mooney. As I cross over the airport the Mooney is receiving instructions to exit the runway and hold short of the other runway. Not bad catching this 201 in a half hour flight. So now I'm home and my wife walks into the room and looks at my hair and starts laughing. She say's it definetely looks like a Clear Lake haircut with even the sideburns being differing lenghts. What a day. I can't wait for my hair to grow out out so I can go back. :D

Best,

This morning my wife told me that I should set aside some time today and get a haircut before Christmas. So as a result of this the $100 haircut is born. I flew to Clear Lake, CA where we keep an old car at the airport and drove to the town of Lakeport and stopped at the first barber shop that I saw. It was a plain little place that was clean but the owner is lacking the help of a decorator to spruce up the place. So here I sit grinning with this solution to a chore that I hate to do as this hack uses electric clippers on my entire head. I felt them go into my ears to get the early stages of my senior ear hair under control as well as to cut my bangs. That's right he used electric clippers on the bangs! So when he finished I paid him and returned to Lampson Field to return home. When I climbed into the plane and was hooking up my seat belts a Mooney 201 began his takeoff roll and flew out of sight. Enroute home while listening to Flight Watch this Mooney gave a pirep and I learned he was going to Concord so I dialed in Concord and listened for him. See, on the way home I go right over Concord and now it is a game to see if my humble little 9A is going to run down this Mooney. As I cross over the airport the Mooney is receiving instructions to exit the runway and hold short of the other runway. Not bad catching this 201 in a half hour flight. So now I'm home and my wife walks into the room and looks at my hair and starts laughing. She say's it definetely looks like a Clear Lake haircut with even the sideburns being differing lenghts. What a day. I can't wait for my hair to grow out out so I can go back. :D

Best,

It could have been worse, my friend...you could've come back with a hairdo like mine! :eek:

('course, I haven't seen your cut...maybe mine's better... :D )

It could have been worse, my friend...you could've come back with a hairdo like mine! :eek:

('course, I haven't seen your cut...maybe mine's better... :D )

Moose,
My brother just showed up with a hair cut just like yours! If I go to LOE next year I will pick you up!

I get a clipper cut like that every six weeks, whether I need it or not, however, the sideburns usually come out of it the same length...

Once upon a time, there was a barber shop at Meadows Field in Bakersfield, CA. Guys would fly in from all around to get their haircut. I was just a kid, and enthralled with constant flying stories while I sat in the barbers chair.

Last edited:
$100 Haircut?

Bryan,

With your pilot experience nothing is too far to fly for a haircut so now all you need to do is find a "salon" that costs just a little more, fly a little farther to get there and then you too can get the $400 haircut like a certain Prez candidate:D

Heck, as long as your co pilot will still fly with you any haircut is a good haircut right?

Merry Christmas pal.