I'm making my first long cross country in my recently finished RV-9A (60 hrs on the Hobbs). The wife and I plan to fly from southern CA to Lee's Summit, weather permitting. My kids and parents live in the Blue Springs area. I have heard the local EAA chapter may have hangar space, so was wondering if any space might be available during the Thanksgiving week and who I should contact. Plan A is arrive KLXT Tuesday evening and return Sat morning.

If no inside space is available, is there a place I can plug in an oil heater?

Thanks,

-rob
RV-9A 90976

Rob,
Sounds like a great trip. Contact Larry Young, he is the president of EAA Chapter 91 and also owns a 9A. He works at the airport and should be able to help you out, 816 969-1186.
Have a good and safe trip.

Keith

EAA 91 is fantastic!

I had a great time flying from SoCal to Kansas City over the holiday weekend. After landing, I was met by EAA 91 Chapter President Larry Young. He put my RV-9A up in one of the 3 chapter hangars for the 4 days I stayed in the area. Found out there are 25 RVs at the Lee's Summit airport. When I came early to prep for my return flight, I found Larry had put a heater duct into my cowl and the oil was toasty warm on a 25 deg morning! I was worried about starting on a cold day, but all worries were gone, thanks to Larry!

Just wanted to say thanks and give my appreciation for our EAA and RV family!

-rob

RV-9A 90976 73hrs on the Hobbs
Still grinning