humptybump

Well Known Member
I want to give a big shout out to the entire team at Landmark FBO at KRDU (Raliegh Durham airport)!

I had a day trip to Research Triangle Park and wanted to get some procedural flight time. I'd hear pretty good things about the RDU airport.

When I arrived (landing on 32), Ground gave me the bad news - they were not hearing me.

Fast forward to departure time and Clearance was not hearing me. I tried a few easy fixes but no real improvement. This is where Landmark earned my appreciation and loyalty. The GM and maintenance chief disappear in different directions and were back in a few minutes with a charged handheld radio. "Here. Just mail it back" was all they said.

With the HT, I contacted Clearance, then Ground, Tower, and long enough with Departure to clear their airspace.

Yes, l'll pack my own HT from now on.

While Landmark caters to the jet guys with all the required pampering, they gave me - the little guy who only bought 10 gallons of 100LL - the exact service I needed !

Many thanks!

This thread is not a request for comms diagnostic assistance (I've searched already for my task ahead).

Last edited: