szicree

Well Known Member
Just want to thank the Tampa Group for their Illustrated Guide to Engine Hanging. Using their instructions I just hung my engine in half an hour all by myself. They actually advise against the solo thing, but I did have people in the house if I needed them. It's kinda spooky when something goes this smoothly.

Big rubber-little rubber

Great Steve,
You did put the small hard rubber mounts on the lower forward side and the upper rear didn't you? :) They're easy to get wrong.

Regards,
Pierre

What is this Tampa Builders' Group and where can I find out more? I'm still a year or two away from beginning my own project, but I'd love to meet some local RV folks.

pierre smith said:
Great Steve,
You did put the small hard rubber mounts on the lower forward side and the upper rear didn't you? :) They're easy to get wrong.

Regards,
Pierre

What rubber mounts?? Just kidding :D . You're right, the arrangement is a bit confusing but I triple checked it and all is correct. Thanks.

When I did mine,I very carefully put all the rubber pieces in the right spot and installed everything before my helpers left. Then I discovered that the upper and lower bolts were slightly different lengths and - you guessed it - I had them reversed....fortunately, changing them by myself was not a big deal, as I had one extra bolt the right length to hold things together as I played "Chinese puzzle squares..."

So Steve....goit the bolts in the right spot? ;)

Paul