logansc

Well Known Member
Hope I've got that spelling right. Flew up to Gastonia, NC yesterday on a business trip in my Rocket and forgot my tiedown rings for the wings. Tied down the tail and chocked the airplane. Wasn't too worried about the wings since Weathermeister had not alerted on winds or gusts earlier in the day. The guys at the airport got concerned with some local storm activity after I got my rental car and left and took it on themselves to do a better job of tying my airplane down than I did.

Someone I don't know named Stu Birge loaned his RV wing tiedowns to the project and when I returned this afternoon, it was snugly tied down. I returned the rings to the office, Stu, and wanted to thank you publicly for your North Carolina hospitality. If you're ever down Ridgeland, SC (3J1) way, please let me know you're coming. Lunch is on me!

P.S. Straight line distance is 162.8 nm, done against a bit of a headwind in just under 59 minutes at 21/22 inches and 2300 rpm. Counting driving to/from Savannah, that would be a three hour trip each way on United. Ya' gotta love RV's and Rockets!

Regards,

Lee.