I am a Newby or Newbie (FNG) to the forum but have been using this site to research various questions in the building of an RV-8. I just wanted to take a quick moment to thank Rick Galati for his detailed description of fuel tank construction. Like many builders I was really dreading fuel tank construction and after the first couple sessions, my dread was confirmed. Then I came across Rick's posting related to his years of working with Proseal in the military aircraft industry and decided to try his approach. While I still don't like fabricating tanks, Rick's process does significantly reduce the mess and stress. I still have the starboard tank yet to build but the port tank came out quite nice and appears to be leak free. I might still be covered with the sticky gray-black goo if it wasn't for Rick. Thank you Rick!

Also, just a word of thanks to Danny King for the inspiration and getting me started on the RV-8 build project. I met Danny and his wife Marthajane while on a workshop tour at the National Museum of the USAF. I quickly discovered they were the builders of Beautiful Doll, an RV-8 I had seen at Oshkosh. Following the tour, we were able to talk further and still later, Danny gave me an up close look at the Doll at Airventure 2008. I promptly ordered the tail kit and began the journey. Thank you Danny and Marthjane!

I would also like to extend a general thanks to all the other folks who regularly post on the forums. The information, advice, insights, etc. are priceless. I look forward to participating in the community.

Pete Britton
Dayton, Ohio
RV-8 (Wing Kit), Archer (Flying)
www.mykitlog.com/petebritton

Welcome to VAF!!!!

I am a Newby or Newbie (FNG) to the forum -------

Welcome aboard. :D

Good to have you here.

I would also like to extend a general thanks to all the other folks who regularly post on the forums. The information, advice, insights, etc. are priceless.

Right on.

Pete Britton
Dayton, Ohio
RV-8 (Wing Kit), Archer (Flying)
www.mykitlog.com/petebritton

Yeah, Danny and Marthajane have caused a whole lotta folks to embark on this journey of madness. :D

Including yours truly. :eek:

...Also, just a word of thanks to Danny King for the inspiration and getting me started on the RV-8 build project. I met Danny and his wife Marthajane while on a workshop tour at the National Museum of the USAF. I quickly discovered they were the builders of Beautiful Doll, an RV-8 I had seen at Oshkosh. ... www.mykitlog.com/petebritton

Did Danny get his Beautiful doll tattooed on his forehead? I was at the USAF museum in Dayton last spring with my Brother who lives near by. As we went through the facility we ran into a former coworker of my brothers who was volunteering and working on the C-82 flying boxcar. During the course of our conversation my brother mentioned that my son Derek and I had flown over from Indiana in our RV-6. Once he heard that we had an RV his first question was "Do you know Danny King?". Apparently Danny made a lot of friends during his trip to the museum.

Danny is one of the best (worst?) "Pushers" in this addiction we call RV'ing......:)

And when Rick speaks about fabrication, I DEFINITELY listen - nothing like getting the real scoop from someone certified to Mil Spec.

Paul