Tim McGinnis

I'm New Here
I have watched the Vansairforce site for over 3 years while building my 6-A and never made a post. But when this happened I had to post it. I called Don (again) and ask him what he thought about me relocating my fuel flow transducer(again) because of vibration issues. I told him I might need to shorten a hose. He said, bring it to the shop and we'll fix it here.
Very next morning i'm climbing in the RV (with my friend Jim)to go to Spartanburg SC. This was my first X-country since I got it flying, 48 hours ago.(across the appalachian Mountains). He made a bracket for the servo to steady the FF trans. He worked on it for over 2 hours. When I asked what I owed him he said: nothing, I have to take care of my students. I went to his fuel injection 101 class over 2 years ago. I'm running his purge valve and flow divider, but my servo is bendix. (thats what I had because I bought a kit already started ). He did not have to do this. I would highly recommend Airflow Performance. Thanks Don.
Also thanks to Allen and Rhonda at Barrett Precision Engines.(new Superior IO-360)
Thanks to all my friends at Morristown Apt.(MOR). who helped me.
Thanks to Bob Dougherty (friend and EAA tech. counselor, flight inst.)
Thanks to Piere Smith for the so far so good transition training at 2J3.(Really good).

Last edited:
Don Rivera is the best. No nonsense, useful information on any fuel injection system. No minimum orders, no passing the buck, no such thing as stupid questions. Honest info, exceptional service, & parts at a fair price.

Airflow Performance

I agree. They are the best bunch of people I have dealt with in Aviation. I live close enough that I drove over to their place of business with my fuel servo for a bench check and minor adjustments. Nearly two hours work and minor parts were a little over $125.00, plus they bought me lunch!!!!!

You can't beat the people, their products, their prices or their service.

ps: Not affiliated with them, just a very satisfied customer.

Thanks here also

I have meaning to make a post publically thanking Don also. I emailed Don earlier this year because on my Fuel Injection setup, #4 cylinder peaked way later than the other 3 cylinders. Don sent me some info so I could collect data and verify the fuel flow difference between when #1 peaked and when #4 peaked. When I replied with the data, he suggested I replace the #4 restricter with an .027. When I later called Airflow Performance, Don talked with me to verify that was the right decision. It was a $25 part. That was all they got from me. When I did my first inspection in March, I changed out the #4 restricter. I could not be happier. I can now lean with a .2 gal fuel flow difference and can therefore go lean of peak with all 4 cylinders very close on CHTs.

Thanks Don.

I have meaning to make a post publically thanking Don also. I emailed Don earlier this year because on my Fuel Injection setup, #4 cylinder peaked way later than the other 3 cylinders. Don sent me some info so I could collect data and verify the fuel flow difference between when #1 peaked and when #4 peaked. When I replied with the data, he suggested I replace the #4 restricter with an .027. When I later called Airflow Performance, Don talked with me to verify that was the right decision. It was a $25 part. That was all they got from me. When I did my first inspection in March, I changed out the #4 restricter. I could not be happier. I can now lean with a .2 gal fuel flow difference and can therefore go lean of peak with all 4 cylinders very close on CHTs.

Thanks Don.

Brand X customer represenative did not know injector systems should be "balanced" after installation so the EGT's peak at the same time. Makes running LOP very efficent. With $6 per gallon AVGAS staring us in the face every penny of savings I can get is a good thing. Airflow Performance provides this service. Check out the Injector 101 classes they offer! You don't see that at Brand X either.

http://www.airflowperformance.com/

Last edited:
Don Rivera is the best. No nonsense, useful information on any fuel injection system. No minimum orders, no passing the buck, no such thing as stupid questions. Honest info, exceptional service, & parts at a fair price.

Along with AP's system's rep, that was a "major" reason why I chose Airflow Performance for my RV8QB.

Welcome to the posting ranks of VAF Tim....

Hard to believe that a few months ago I took this picture of you nervously starting that engine for the first time!

2779180550042045769S600x600Q85.jpg

Now your overflying the Smokies at 8,500ft going almost 200 mph :D

Hopefully within the next 10 years, I can be right there beside you. Don't wear the thing out before I can get mine flying!

Notice the great form our local EAA Technical Counselor, Master Flight Instructor, Multiple Plane Builder and friend to everyone is using. Right over the shoulder!

Last edited:
Thank You

Thanks Guys,

We try to give the best customer service and just deal in the facts. Sometimes that is not what the customer wants to hear. But with that, and our knowledge of aircraft fuel injection systems is why we have been around since 1984.

Thanks again for the good words.

Don