LifeofReiley

Well Known Member
We're done...! Mel showed up today and did a fine job of inspecting the Bird!
Certificate is in hand and we have a very nice final product.

Hmmm... What will be next??? :D

Last edited:
Well ...

All of the BS is behind you, now comes the passage to the other side. Good luck old buddy.

Bob Axsom

Congrats! Although I suppose now you won't be calling me to write anymore big checks.....until you're ready to upgrade! :)

Well done and happy flying.

Cheers,
Stein

Congrats! Although I suppose now you won't be calling me to write anymore big checks.....until you're ready to upgrade! :)

Well done and happy flying.

Cheers,
Stein

Oh... but there will be yet another plane born! :D Hmm what's it going to be???

We're done...! Mel showed up today and did a fine job of inspecting the Bird!
Certificate is in hand and we have a very nice final product.

Hmmm... What will be next??? :D

Does Mel still circle the plane 3 times while walking backwards carrying an eagle feather mumbling something about the soaring Gods? ;)

If Mel passed it she must be a good bird.

Congrats.

Last edited:
Does Mel still circle the plane 3 times while walking backwards carrying an eagle feather mumbling something about the soaring Gods? ;)

Hey, Watch giving out the trade secrets! You have to know which way to circle and the Eagle feather has to be a "sacred" one soaked overnight in 15W50.

Modest Mel

Mel and his wife are the best! THEY looked of the plane VERY close. I will not release his scare the heck out of you questions, got me on a couple! ;)

At least he didn't want me to start over from scratch... :eek:

Believe me, I've come close!

From what I've heard and now seen... point blank!!!! .... if you want the best inspection, a total professional review of your aircraft, Mel is the man. I couldn't hide a thing if I tried. ;)

Mel, should I build a 3 or 4 fastback next?

Last edited:
Good deal on the inspection. Now to start the Phase 1. That will be some of the most rewarding flying you will ever do and tax all of your skills.

I think I never slept so good as the night after each test flight. Especially the stall series.

Last edited:
Good deal on the inspection. Not to start the Phase 1. That will be some of the most rewarding flying you will ever do and tax all of your skills.

I think I never slept so good as the night after each test flight. Especially the stall series.

Yes.. so true. I'm going through the entire aircraft once again and installing the inspection plates etc... First flight will be soon, no hurry at this point. We want it right. :)

Ready to order the next kit!