sailvi767

Well Known Member
I had my first pure fun flight in my new RV6 today. I purchased the aircraft used and this forum was a tremendous help in both picking a aircraft and how to fly and operate it. I can't thank everyone enough who responded to posts I placed on here and the community at large which has been a great help.
The aircraft was purchased in early Dec but went to Atlanta for new wheel pants and tail wheel transition training for me. Kent Gorton took care of both and is a tremendous asset and great instructor if anyone in the SE needs RV assistance. Sadly the freezing weather caused a long delay since paint and epoxy work could not be done. Then the weather kept the grass strip he is located on to soggy to pick up the aircraft. She is finally at her new home now and I had a great flight this afternoon basically just flying around.
A donation is on the way to Vans airforce as soon as I finish this post!!!

George

PS N440E is a Robbie Attaway built aircraft and he did a amazing job!

That is the correct aircraft. Robbie spent a tremendous amount of effort to clean up everything that produces drag. I need to operate off grass strips so we replaced the smaller then standard main wheels with the stock size and this meant of course new wheel pants. I have kept Robbies original pants in case I want to switch back however so far the loss of speed for the change looks like 1 or 2 knots max. We used Vans pressure recovery pants. The prop was also overhauled and a new paint scheme applied. I think it looks much better. I am seeing 190MPH indicated at 7500 feet and 75 percent power. (full throttle)
I will try and shoot some good pictures next week if we get some decent weather.
I also wanted to put one last plug in for Kent Gorton if anyone needs transition training in the SE. He is located at Mallard Creek Airport near Atlanta and has a RV6 set up for training. http://www.kentgortonairsports.com

George

Lake Norman Airpark initially. I have it in a hangar there as we speak. I live in Cornelius so not far away from you!

George

I think I've got that airplane's first propeller, purple spinner and all.

IMG_2583.JPG