Doug,
You will find a Paypal payment today for this years dues plus the last 9 years for a total of $250. Sorry I haven't paid you sooner for the use of this super website. Those of you that use this website please follow through and pay your dues. This website made building my RV-7 so much easier I can't thank Doug and all the forum contributers enough. When I had questions I was able to search the forums and find answers quickly and rarely did I have to call Vans tech support. I want to thank you for developing this website its the best tool on the internet for those of us building a Vans RV Aircraft.

I started my RV-7 slow build kit back on May of 2003 and the first flight was March 23rd 2011. I worked mainly in the winter months and built on a pay as you go plan. I had it judged at the Arlington flyin last week and was awarded the "Grand Champion Custom Built-Kit" award. This was quite an honor having never one anything in my life.

We are headed to Oshkosh and would like to meet and thank you Doug in person and any of the forum members that contribute to this super website. So if you see us at our plane please stop by and say hi. I wasn't sure how to attatch a photo so here's a link to photo's of our RV-7 N797RB. http://profile.imageshack.us/user/RV7pilot/

Bob and Diane Babler
N797RB RV-7 IO-375M1
Grand Coulee, WA
Airport Manager 3W7

[ed. Bob, thank you so very much for the donation and the kind words. It means a lot. dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Bob. You deserve it. When I saw your plane at Wenatchee I was impressed with the fit and finish. Beautiful job.

see you at OSH

Thanks for the kind words

Thanks Brian,
As you can tell I messed up sending the post. The title should have been "Thanks Doug" but some how it was sent before I was able to edit it and check the spelling.

I lucked out for sure at Arlington, maybe no one showed up to be judged. I know that if you had your plane at Arlington I wouldn't have won. You have one of the nicest RV-7 around. Sorry I missed the race that you put on, I'll try and attend next year.

Hope to see you at Oshkosh.

Bob Babler

don't kid yourself, your plane is very nicely done. side by side we both look great. But yours is actually finished, mine is still a work in progress.

It was a privilege to park next to you. I can say I knew N797RB before it was a grand champion.
aviation2011022.jpg

BTW next year we hope to host the race on the weekend before Arlington....just for you.

Last edited: