praterdj

Well Known Member
Doug,

I just wanted to thank you for something you won't even remember. I was at the airport about a year ago (52F) and you were beginning to put "Flash" back to bed after a days flight. We all know that after a day of flying we just want to put the plane in the hangar and get home to a tall glass of tea. You took the time to answer my questions and after picking up on my eagerness you volunteered to take me up for ride. What a rush!

What an impression that made! All I can say is thanks. My empennage for a future 52F based RV-8 should arrive this week.

My decision to build and RV-8 was based as much on the fellowship of the RV community as well as the awesome performance the 8 offers.

Regards,

Donald

Absolutely my pleasure, Donald.

I grabbed the logbook to refresh my memory - on 6/27/04 it says "Sunset in the clouds. Gave RV orientation flt to Donald Prater". 1.2 hrs

Congrats on starting your new RV! You're going to have more fun than you can imagine.

B,
D

praterdj said:
I just wanted to thank you for something you won't even remember. I was at the airport about a year ago (52F) and you were beginning to put "Flash" back to bed after a days flight. We all know that after a day of flying we just want to put the plane in the hangar and get home to a tall glass of tea. You took the time to answer my questions and after picking up on my eagerness you volunteered to take me up for ride. What a rush! What an impression that made! All I can say is thanks. My empennage for a future 52F based RV-8 should arrive this week. My decision to build and RV-8 was based as much on the fellowship of the RV community as well as the awesome performance the 8 offers.

Regards,

Donald