rv6ejguy

Well Known Member
I've looked a a zillion photos of RV10 interiors on the net and one in the flesh trying to get ideas on finishing the cabin top interior. Glueing and trimming a fabric headliner looks like a PITA especially around all the bumpy parts near the door hinges. Some stuff looked pretty ugly. One guy just did nice bodywork on the composite and painted the roof gloss grey. Looked pretty nice.

I looked at a composite CT and they just do a spatter finish inside. Looks ok, light and easy. Diamond just paints and it looks good but they have really nice glasswork on these two planes compared to the RV10.

I already have a Flightline interior with fabric for the headliner but seeing the instructions and other people's attempts- well looks kind of nasty. I don't want to be doing more finish work inside for smooth paint and was thinking of a textured finish like they use on truck beds. Tough polyurethane or epoxy and you can roll or spray. Some can be tinted any color. Looking at the ones without the rubber chunks. http://www.dominionsureseal.com/productsdetails.asp?id=216&catid=35

Comments and opinions.

Headliner

I have yet to do my RV-10 headliner. Does this mean your headliner from Flightline is for sale? What color is it, and how much?

Hank

It's really just a piece of grey fabric and you glue it on with 3M adhesive. It will probably be for sale once I decide to paint or not.