RBD

Well Known Member
After anxiously trying to buy an RV-4 for over four months, the best text message I've received all year is simply "@swamp." Received just before dark set in for the night, this means that Rob "Smokey" Ray has ferried my new-to-me plane home! I bought it sight unseen, and can't wait to check it out tomorrow. She's a 1991 RV-4 with an 0-360, Hartzell C/S, and IFR (circa '91) panel. I've got transition training lined up with Jan Bussell this Friday and Saturday.

Huge thanks to Smokey for the inspection and ferry (and to both he and his wife, Teena, for the hospitality,) to his buddy Andre' for a ride in his immaculate -4 and the fresh-from-New-Orleans Abitas that followed, and DR for running a great site that put me in touch with great people.

Here's a pic that the seller sent me....
2025B.jpg

Christmas in April!

Last edited:
Sweet! Awesome that you found someone you trusted to inspect and ferry her for ya!

Unfortunately you cna't prove she actually exists without more pics :)

Congratulations

Looks like a nice plane. We need more pictures when you get a chance to actually see it!

Thanks for sharing!

Training

Just spent some time with Jan last week. He is great and knows how to teach and make you feel comfortable.

Blue Skies

Unfortunately you cna't prove she actually exists without more pics :)

Looks like a nice plane. We need more pictures when you get a chance to actually see it!

Ask and you shall receive...sometimes. I dropped by on my way home from work today to check her out. Very happy camper. :) Smokey took me up for a quick ride and the performance was impressive, to say the least. This should be a LOT of fun.

P4290067.jpg

P4290069.jpg

P4290058.jpg

P4290063.jpg