gipsowh

Having fun this week planning a trip from Houston area to Cooperstown HOF Museum in mid-July in our RV-10 with stops in Nashville, TN and Findlay, OH along the way. Our lodging reservations are in Calicoon,NY. We'll drive from there. I need some local information/recommendations from members on which airport I should use in the Calicoon area. The closest with rental cars might be Orange County (KMGJ) or Stewart Int'l (KSWF). Any weather phenoms up that way I should be concerned with? Other?

New York

Stewart would be my choice because of the rental car situation. One name brand car rental at Stewart, closest at Orange is 10 plus miles away.
Richmor Avaition is one FBO at Stewart, richmor.com, 845-567-2601.
Stewart is an old Air Base, try to plan your landing so you don't have to taxi three miles.
Be very aware of huge fluctuations in fuel prices and landing/parking fees anywhere in the NY metro area.
No special weather considerations. I have done Sherman, TX to NY several times and Conroe to NY once, all the the Pitts with a compass and chart, no radio.
Typical thunderstorms in summer months, visibility will frequently be poor in haze.

NY

I had forgotten exactly where Calicoon is. Sullivan County Airport is much closer and they do have a Budget Rental Car Office. Other car rentals in the area.