Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
North Texas BCs, and others!! Heads UP!!!

Lets get a group going to the TEXAS -FLY- IN.
Be in the air over Hicks at 8:00 AM Saturday14th, 2005 for a good ride to Hondo KHDO. Come back same day.
Cheers,

I'm "IN", tagging along with Jay in "Borrowed Horse".

Is anyone else going, or am I going to be the 'unofficial photographer' for the event? If that's the case, I suppose I need to start figuring out all the little buttons on my new Canon Digital Rebel! ? (and as a last resort, I will read the owner's manual, but don't tell anybody :D )

Texas Fly In

Gary & Jay,

I'm all gassed up and ready to go! Just have to keep an eye on the weather. As of this morning, it's not looking too good!
Sure wish EAA hadn't moved this main event so far south. What WERE they thinking?
Oh well, if the weather washes us out, I'll have to shoot for the RMRFI in June.

Fly By?

Any chance you guys can do a fly by at Killeen (ILE) airport on your way down Saturday. I will be working, so cant go til Sunday. Would make my day though. :)

driving :(

I will be there can't miss me (wearing a superman shirt) you know the Blue shirt / could be yellow, with a <S> on the front.. if anyone see's me there,
please say hello, ( I am very shy without a computer to hide behind but I warm up quickly ) I will be the one that has that look that says, I can't wait till tomorrow cuz I get better looking every day>. (only kidding)

diving up Saturday morning early.. about 2.5 to 3 hours drive from here..
will be there all day and night , looking at every rv slider I can find and take picture of, I am just ready to bend the frame but need some close up 1st hand with my own eyes views.. last year when i was there my goal was to fly there this year.. didn't make it .. maybe next year..

Danny..
RV9A S/N 90719
FINNISH KIT

Mike,

If the WX is no good,,,south,...,? lets go to Cedar Mills for BK????, get back before bad stuff builds?.,.Ideas?

mrreddick said:
Gary & Jay,

I'm all gassed up and ready to go! Just have to keep an eye on the weather. As of this morning, it's not looking too good!
Sure wish EAA hadn't moved this main event so far south. What WERE they thinking?
Oh well, if the weather washes us out, I'll have to shoot for the RMRFI in June.

Texas Fly In

Jay,

I'm up for anything if we can't go south! It's all up to the "weather guessers". I just heard we have a chance of heavy rains late Friday night into Saturday morning.
I'll talk to Rich tonight at the Board meeting (brisket & ribs - 6:30 - Jerry Stern's hangar) and see what he thinks.

Mike

Saturday?

What's everyone thinking, about the WX forecast and/or our availablility to launch for somewhere?

Thanks!

Today

The Hicks, Fort Worth, Texas, RV bunch decided to fly local. The WX forcast did not look good for a long flight. We did manage to have a fun day and get some landings in.
I still have a reuseable aircraft,,,... so it was a good day!!!

Last edited:
Yes, it was a VERY fun day, and I appreciate Jay letting me ride 'shotgun' in Borrowed Horse. I also thoroughly enjoyed meeting a lot of new RV friends who went with us.

I also got a great chance to try out some aerial shots with the new Canon Digital Rebel. I will read up on Doug's latest instructions for posting photos, and see if I can get something posted here.

Thanks again, Jay, and all the others who let me tag along! What a great day of flying!

Mike 5-14-05, North Texas-Flyin' Around

Photo by: Gary Robertson
Photo Ship: Jay Pratt

img00598oh.jpg

Last edited:
North Texas Fly-Around

Gary,

Glad you enjoyed Saturday!
Thanks for posting the great pics! First time I've seen my RV in a slying shot. Good job!

Mike, Andy, and Rich...

Mike,

Please get the word out to the other guys, that I have each of your respective photos burned on to CD's for you. I figured this was the easiest way to do it, since the original photos are huge in size (much too large to email).

This way, if you wanted to do an enlargement or something, you have the original full-quality photos! I need to go to Avery's this week anyway, so I will drop them off when I am up there. If I can't catch you at home, I will get the CD's to Jay.

Have a great week,