Rick RV-4

Well Known Member
Can anyone receommend a good engine overhaul facility in central Texas? A little off-thread, but I need to overhaul a Continental IO-470K and I'm considering either River City engines in Castroville, TX, or Devine Engines in Devine, TX.

Anyone used either of these places or have someone else to recommend? I'd like to overhaul (instead of "exchange") the engine as it went well past TBO and it's on the first overhaul.

Thanks in advance . . .

Rick
RV-4 95% done, 95% to go!

Can anyone receommend a good engine overhaul facility in central Texas? A little off-thread, but I need to overhaul a Continental IO-470K and I'm considering either River City engines in Castroville, TX, or Devine Engines in Devine, TX.

Anyone used either of these places or have someone else to recommend? I'd like to overhaul (instead of "exchange") the engine as it went well past TBO and it's on the first overhaul.

Thanks in advance . . .

Rick

Barrett Precision Engines in Tulsa overhauls engines. I've been to their shop twice, they do good work. Give 'em a call, the ad is just to your left on this page. :)

Rick Liles, Lubbock, TX

I would recommend Richard Liles in Lubbock. I have seen Ricks work and he has done numerous engines for RV's and other aircraft. Excellent quality and at a reasonable price.

Rick is going to do my engine for the -7A. You would not believe his shop and the detail he goes to in an overhaul.

You can contact him at the following:

Richard A (Rick) Liles
806.687.2923 Home
806.632.7336 Cell
806.474.1013 Work
7313 80th St.
Lubbock, TX 79424

Rick sold five engine and prop combinations off his first RV. He also offers builder's assistance. I can't even count the number of RV's he has had through the shop. He is the "go to" guy in the panhandle area, especially for the RV community.

He is one of the best I have seen, and he does it right. You won't be disappointed.

IMHO

Thanks in advance . . .

Rick

I have experience with River City. I won't use them again.
If you just want a good local man with tons of experience, I can give you a name of a local IA that I use. He's excellent with engines and has built an RV and done numerous RV repairs. Has his own shop at 1TE4 (Zuehl)