CNEJR

Well Known Member
Wow, flight home was interesting. Took off a 4pm from New Braunfels, winds 20kts gustings to 28. No problem, wife constantly asking is this okay? 60 miles out of Conroe, ceiling starts to narrow down to 1500, really bumping, now wife is really asking "what is the meaning of life?". On final @ Conroe winds 22kts, gusting to 30. stuck the landing, "Life is Good". Pays to have a great instuctor.

I was really glad my instructors had worked me hard in wind & x wind, but this is all I wanted. It is very different when your instructor is not sitting next to you. It was Susan's first trip, I kept talking with her to reassure her, but she hasn't spent much time in light planes, come to think of it, I haven't either.

good

Chuck, Good going,,, do not go out and look for that wind but sometimes it happens, and you got to be ready for it.
You been out to the ranch yet?

what is the max demonstrated xwind component of these rudders? i would imagine it's pretty large

Thank God......

it was a minor crosswind, pretty much down the runway but very strong. No Jay haven't been out to the ranch yet, trying to build some hours before I take that on.

Nice flying. My only nay sayer advice on this one is to remember that once you scare the sheite out of your honey, it may be very difficult to get her to go flying again. Be mindful of your passengers and you will never be short of people wanting to split gas in your RV