tomcostanza

Well Known Member
Has anyone installed a Terra digital nav in an RV? Any problems making it fit? Does anyone know if you can use a CDI other than the TriNav with it?

Thanks,

I had one in my Cherokee, and have the 760D/200D and TRT-250D Txpdr in my RV-4 panel, still wiring, but no problem making them fit. By the way, I assume you mean the digital display units, not the thumbwheel counterparts.

The 200D has standard outputs to a CDI, so any one should work. The Tri-Nav C is a neat CDI if you've never flown behind one, and also will take standard Loran/GPS signals. However, if the 200D does not have an internal GS, it does not provide the channeling signals for an external GS receiver, such as a KN-75 (Don't ask me how I know this :( )

Free Flight Systems down in Waco, TX still supports the digital series units.

Terra Nav

I've used many (digital) Terra products and they are great. From NAV Radios and Heads, to COM Radios and Transponders too... Support in Waco is very reasonable for maintenance and any repair. They are great for space saving and yes... I've paid the price for repairs on Narco and King products!!! Another OUCH!!

Indicator

tomcostanza said:
Has anyone installed a Terra digital nav in an RV? Any problems making it fit? Does anyone know if you can use a CDI other than the TriNav with it?

Thanks,

We had the Terra Nav driving a KI 709 in an RV8