rossgn

I had heard that Freeflight Systems had sold their Terra avionics inentory to Texas State Technical College and I was concerned that my Terra radios would be orphaned. I called the college and was informed that they are still servicing the radios and even have new radio packages for sale.

They even have a website with repair and product pricing. The manager said they are a certifed repair station and they involve the students in the repair as part of their avionics training.

The website is:

terravionics.com

Ross Little
KCWC

Last edited:
Yep, this was announced almost a year ago. But the TerraAvionics.com website is fairly new.

Back when Freeflight Systems was still handling Terra repairs, they were freely publishing all the manuals, even the service manuals with full schematics, on their FTP site in PDF format. :D

Sent my nearly 20 year old TR250D transponder in last winter. It had developed some intermittent switch/button issues and rattled inside. They said they would go through it and do what was needed - normally for a flat rate. They did the work for the flat rate and the unit came back with updated switches and (I believe) circuit board in about two weeks. It now works great. I'm happy as can be with the service.

Keith W.
IFR RV6

This is great news!
I bought TERRA Nav/Com & ADF/TXP years ago, and thought I'd bought into an orphan, although I did get some parts a few years ago.
Note to all you builders: Don't buy avionics until very late in your build.
I'm a prime example of why not. 13 years building. Steam gauges.
I was actually going to use a AN Gyro!! So I do have room for a DYNON D10, but I'm holding off now until 'just before flight' to buy it. :rolleyes: