Tempest

Plug manufacturing is high quality. The plugs are gapped & they have the proper level of resistance.

Plug this or Plug that?

Champ. had a problem for some time, but it looks like they have fixed it and the new ones we are seeing in the field are checking out good so far.
I like the Tempest plugs, myself. I think as it stands with the new batches, it is were you find the best deal right now. Yours R.E.A. III #80888

Yep, Tempest and a little rust!

I agree with Dan. I do like Tempest, one year on a new set and it shows the beginning of a little rust. A little bead blast and gone.... The plug gap does seem to get larger quicker than Champ though. All in all I like Tempest.
This was a highly scientific test.

Dan. Interesting...I've have 12 in my Bonanza and 4 in my RV for several years with not a trace of rust.

Last year at SNF I talked to the Tempest guys and they said they were changing the plating process to make the plugs more corrosion resistant. The older Autolites/unison and Tempest plugs corded quickly, the two new sets I put in local short wing Pipers still look like new. Maybe they have the plating problem worked out.