goflynRV7

Started looking at what I need to adapt my Andair valve to work with the Airflow fuel pump. The Airflow pump came with a AN tee fitting that would work with the old Van's valve but not the Andair that I have. Here is the photo:

andair.jpg

Looked around some for another AN tee but so far have not found an exactly correct replacement. Called Aircraft Spruce but no joy there.

I think that the solution might be to get a tee with three flare fitting ports and make a short adapter with 3/8" line and fittings. Anyone agree or disagree?

I found a flare-to-flare coupler at a couple places but don't know the quality:
Sweet Performance Products and Rex Marine

Thanks as always.

Last edited:
Steve,
One is available here, and the place is run by a pilot.. (can't remember if he's a RV builder or a Grumman pilot... too many mailing lists)

See bottom right of this catalog page.

http://s2.pegasusautoracing.com/076.pdf

I've bought AN fitting type parts from them with no problems, and they were of good quality.

...gil in Tucson

Generic AN fittings

Thanks guys. These fittings will work.

AN_tee.jpg

Now wondering about the "AN" designation that these racing car parts shops use. Airplane parts are traceable and have a verifiable manufacturing spec. Doubt these meet any MIL spec. But then I guess that is why we build airplanes to have the choice. This is always the caveat. I know car folks don't want parts to fail either....but for different reasons. :p

I suspect that at 190 mph in the middle of a tight group of your closest friends that a critical failure could be even more devastating than in a plane :eek: