JoeG

Well Known Member
A little Help?

I am recruiting candidates to participate in a very important trade study designed to assess RV canopy actuation designs. Primary approaches in consideration are:
  • Dorsal Rail-Guided Slew System
  • Anteriorly Hinged Inclination Approach
Qualified candidates will be those with a flying RV-7 or 7A, (-6 and 6A also considered) residing in the North-Central Texas (D/FW) area, and desiring to assist me in my technical evaluation.

Primary Study objectives will include:
  • Crew Ingress/Egress Facilitation
  • Auxiliary Payload Access Evaluation
  • In-Flight Visual Obscuration Assessment
Secondary objectives may include:
  • Crew Mission Systems Familiarization
  • Co-pilot Flight Handling Qualities
  • Flight Dynamics Adrenaline Production Effects
  • Photographic Documentation of Flight-Induced Crew Facial Muscular Orientation
Any qualified candidates willing to help further this important cause are encouraged to contact the undersigned. Subsidies for fuel expenditure and crew sustenance are available.

OK... My wife says this is blatant pandering... But I say it's a thorough engineering investigation! ;)

Last edited:
In Other Words...

I'm looking for assistance in trying to figure out if I should build a slider or a tilt up. If someone in the D/FW area has a 6 or a 7 and wouldn't mind a passenger I'd like to look at a few things:
  • How much difference is there in getting into and out of the cockpit
  • How easy is it to access the bagage area
  • How's the visibility
Also, I wouldn't mind getting some stick time to feel how an RV-7 flies.

If anyone is willing to assist, drop me a line. I'll be happy to pay for gas and lunch.

Last edited: